Join the Celebrate Recovery Team at New Life Covenant-Elgin every Thursday night at 7:00 pm as we present this life changing ministry to Elgin and surrounding communities. You may be asking if Celebrate Recovery is right for you? If you answer YES to any of the following questions, come and join us on Tuesday evenings to find the healing touch of Jesus Christ in your life:
Do you have trouble setting limits for yourself?
- Do you sacrifice your identity, desires or needs to make others feel good about themselves or to keep the peace?
- Do you struggle feeling safe when you aren’t in control?
- Do you raise your voice to get your way?
- Do you act kind on the outside, but feel bitter on the inside?
- Do you use food, sex/pornography, relationships, alcohol or drugs to cope with life’s problems?
- Do you struggle with your body image?
- Do you love someone struggling with destructive behaviors, such as pornography, gambling, drugs or alcohol?
- Do you live with someone who abuses you physically, sexually or emotionally or feel the continued effects from past traumas and abuse?
Don’t give up! There is Hope…Celebrate Recovery fills a long-standing need in the church and its role as Christ’s healing agent. Developed by Pastors John Baker and Rick Warren of the renowned Saddleback Church, this program’s life-changing effectiveness has gained it an explosive, grass-roots popularity. Drawn from the Beatitudes in Matthew Chapter 5 of the New Testament, Celebrate Recovery helps people resolve painful problems in the context of the church as a whole. Rather than setting up an isolated recovery community, it helps participants and their churches come together and discover new levels of care, acceptance, trust, and grace.
Alcoholism – Divorce – Sexual Abuse – Codependency – Domestic Violence – Drug Addition – Sexual Addiction – These words are about more than “issues.” They’re about people who sit as close to us as the next pew–or our own. People struggling with problems that sermons or Bible studies alone won’t solve. But there is a way the church can help the hurting move beyond their wounds to experience the healing and liberty of Jesus Christ.
Come and see what Celebrate Recovery can do for you!! Want to learn more?? Email Kurt Schauer at firstname.lastname@example.org